This role will report to the Head of Product.
The selected candidate will support the Head of Product in product development, product structuring and project management with a primary focus on private market strategies and product partnership initiatives, in addition to other product responsibilities.
The selected candidate will have primary responsibility to coordinate and initiate product discussions with internal stakeholders within Fullerton as well as external stakeholders (e.g. service providers) to grow our private market product range. You will own and drive specific fund-related and product partnership projects assigned to you by the Head of Product from time to time.
- Support the Head of Product in initiating, facilitating and driving the development, structuring and implementation of new private market strategies and funds.
- Report to the Head of Product on the progress of overall fund projects and product pipeline, monitoring work streams, budgets (e.g. fee margin, revenue projection and fund expenses) to ensure adherence by stakeholders.
- Initiate and coordinate the implementation of new product launch initiatives with a primary focus on private market strategies (e.g. private equities, private debt, co-investments, infrastructure, energy, real estate etc.), structured products and product partnership initiatives (e.g. leverage on the investment capabilities of another AMC to launch a product), in addition to other product responsibilities.
- Responsible for fund launch, restructuring and termination (i.e. follow through the product life cycle of the fund).
- Perform research on competitor products (peer scan) to come up with sound recommendations of new private market strategies, product positioning, pricing, legal structure, fund domicile etc. to the Head of Product and relevant stakeholders.
- Project management – Conduct regular project meetings to facilitate discussion with stakeholders on the progress of individual work streams or action points. Includes the preparation of Gantt chart and meeting notes to track next steps and deliverables based on agreed timeline.
- Conduct verification exercise, close out outstanding issues with individual stakeholders and follow through the entire end-to-end process of new products before “going live”.
- Comply with internal product approval policy and key operating process for all product initiatives. Keep a proper documentation of all product decisions made and product approvals obtained for audit trail purpose (e.g. Stage 1 In-Principle approval, New Fund Take-on Checklist etc.)
- Prepare product termsheet, project timeline, business case, fund expense ratio and related materials in consultation with stakeholders, in order to seek approval from the Product Committee.
- Timely and clear communication of product information in order to coordinate product launch according to pre-agreed project timeline, including operational fund set-up matters, legal documentation, regulatory filing and fund inception.
- Work closely with Legal to coordinate the review of fund documentation (e.g. PPM, subscription / redemption agreements etc.), clear all contentious and/or outstanding issues with stakeholders.
Proactively engage Business Development and Investment team to identify appropriate solutions for clients, with consideration of clients’ risk profile and investment objectives and explore avenues to grow the firm’s AUM for private markets funds.